The project is called Bashfully. Partially a play on the concept of being bashful and shy about talking about your achievements. Partially because the name could be part of the domain in the .ly TLD ;-) This project is to provide an online resume to help people shine in ways that the current sites do not. To help them be proud of what they have achieved. Finally, to allow them to see their career development as a journey and set their own narrative.
The Trello card entitled "what are we hoping to learn?" says:
MVP is to test the hypothesis that there is a market for a resume site and network for people in a creative role or within 3-4 years out of university. These people are not currently served by either LinkedIn because the format is quite restrictive/unispiring or Facebook because it is too informal and basic. Although both sites offer good networking and the target demographic are already somewhat established in at least one of these.As the first step to sense check this I created a survey and shared on social media. Around the same time, we created a landing page. This had two purposes,
- to share awareness of the project, including the survey
- to build up the functionality iteratively
- Who you are helping?
- Why you are helping them?
- How will this help them? What is the positive outcome for them?
This is part of a series about my side project Bashfully, which aims to give graduates and other new entrants to careers a seasoned professional level way of expressing themselves through the super power of story telling. Following the core principles of being discoverable, personalised and guiding in approach.
- The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me) Elon Musk's vision for Tesla that he published in 2006 and executed over the next decade
- Master Plan, Part Deux Elon Musk's second master plan, will he be as successful as he was with the original one?
- Mission and Vision Statements A Bain & Company article on management tools.
- On spikes and learning once you have your vision, how do you learn more about your problem and possible solution?
- On roadmap and themes guide the learning that you need to do around themes that will help you build momentum and reach your goal
- On performance and environment some tips that I have taken from running and applied to project work.For example, goals and even arbitrary goals can be important for motivation.
- The Bashfully vision