Wednesday, 20 April 2016

On HBX and online education

I have written this blog post as a reflection on what has occupied me a lot in the past 3 months. After finishing my Postgraduate Certificate in Technology Management with the Open University I was looking at what to do next in continuing my education - being a life long learner! I was looking at different online platforms for interesting courses. Sites like Coursera and Future Learn, when I came accross a new extension to Harvard Business School and a course they run called HBX CORe. This one paragraph pitch they provide sums it up pretty well:

HBX CORe (Credential of Readiness) is a 120-150 hour certificate program on the fundamentals of business from Harvard Business School. CORe is comprised of three courses - Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting – developed by leading Harvard Business School faculty and delivered in an active learning environment based on the HBS signature case-based learning model.
Since the courses I had done with the Open University had been targeted to the environment of software development and how to manage the processes involved in that I was interested in broadening my horizons and more general "business" education so I signed up.